Google Webmaster Tools is a Free resource for web designers, SEO experts or in house marketing teams to enhance their companies website Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) - You can visit their official page to sign up and learn more about it from Google themselves at https://www.google.com/webmasters/
As a web company it's important to us that our clients succeed online, and enhancing a sites SEO is key to ensure that along with exercising good practise. So what are the real benefits of adding Webmaster Tools to your website?
Setting up Google Webmaster Tools aims to help you get found on the web by your customers.
Benefits of Webmaster Tools
- Helps your site show up in googles search results
- Helps your site rank higher in their search results for relevant terms
- Helps update content quicker so it displays in search results faster.
- Helps remove or block damaging or irrelevant content on google search results related to your company
- Helps you fix Malware or hacked content on your website.
- Provides insights into crawling and indexing activity on your website.
- It aims to shows you the keywords you are targeting and how effective they are.
- Provides a range of useful data regarding incoming links and internal links to your website.
Setting up & Verifying Webmaster Tools
Setting up and installing Webmaster tools into your website is a fairly straight forward procedure. It does require that you can access either your domain name control panel or your website code so that you can verify that you own and operate the website. If you don't know how to do this contact your web designer or IT consultant to help you out here.
If setting up yourself you will require a free google account in order to set up google services.
You can get your free account here: https://goo.gl/NPPqFu
If you require any further advice or help setting yours up please contact us on 01604 422356 or firstname.lastname@example.org