Google Analytics is a free resource that can be installed easily on any website and allows you to see insights into your visitors and track the performance of your website pages, keywords and search terms. It is a powerful analytics platform proving reporting features to enhance your website content, improve engagement and increase click through's from online advertising.
Benefits of Google Analytics
- Easy to set up and install and it's free!
- Track website performance such as number of visitors, popular pages and location of visitors.
- Understand your customers and visitors with powerful insights and behaviours.
- Use historical data to view trends over a longer period of time.
- Analyse if specific marketing campaigns have had the desired effect and customer reach.
- Ensure Adwords campaigns (online advertising) has actually worked. Did the cost per click convert to customers or actual sales.
- Review bounce rates: a high bounce rate generally means your visitors and clicked on links that are not relevant to their search terms. Allows you to asses your links and adverts accordingly.
- See where you traffic is coming from e.g google search, links from third party websites or advertising campaigns.
These are just a small insight into the powerful features that Google Analytics provides and certainly a tool that all website owners should utilise to enhance their marketing and sales.
If setting up yourself you will require a free google account in order to set up google services.
You can get your free account here: https://goo.gl/NPPqFu
If you require any further advice or help setting yours up please contact us on 01604 422356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.